Monday, November 5, 2007

Day Three - Put my new shoes on!


well, the meeting is finally gearing up for me. yesterday was a good combination of networking and neurons, which ended with a Nova-esque lecture by Sebastian Seung complete with 3D animations and space-age music. add in some afternoon retail therapy (shoes and lip gloss!) and a very chill girls' night out at a lovely seafood place in Old Town, Cafe Pacifica.

today I am running the gamut from slide sessions on circadian rhythms and drug abuse to posters on neuroscience education to a lecture on public advocacy and research by Newt Gingrich. tonight are the socials- Wash U, the celebration for S's Lindsley Prize, the LGBT neuroscientists, the circadian and sleep Datablitz, and the infamous MIT party... unfortunately, I have to present my poster tomorrow morning starting at 8 am. so I will be pacing myself this evening and hitting the hay earlier than I would normally on such an evening of free food and drinks. oh well.

also of note: I am actually presenting at the Datablitz tonight. my 1 minute/1 slide of fame. will let you know how it goes.

No comments: