Wednesday, July 18, 2007

superman returns


seems that I have been pushing my body a bit harder than usual lately. not that this is a bad thing- it feels good to be the most active I've been since college. I was biking and doing yoga regularly before our trip to England. and while we were there, I'm sure we clocked about 100 miles walking, not to mention our bike trips to Old Sarum and Stonehenge. since we've been back there's been more biking, paddling, yoga, and then this week, rugby.

I haven't had my cleats on since the alumnae game in May '03, though they and my deflated ball (now inflated) still ride around in the trunk of my car just waiting for a good time. playing touch on Tuesday night reminded again me of how much I miss the sport. there's a development camp for one of the St. Louis women's teams a week from Saturday. I think I'm going to give it a go. even if I feel like my schedule prevents me from giving up too many weekends (starting 4th year of grad school=no weekends off), it would be nice to get back into playing. besides, it's a legal way to hit people when you're pissed off and support hookers. that, and I get to wear the superman shirt that Michele thought she had made me throw out :)

No comments: