Monday, July 2, 2007

everybody's working for the weekend

what is it about 70s/80s butt-rock (picture red camaros and mullets) that makes it truly feel like summer? maybe it's because def leppard, foreigner, and styx are touring again... regardless, we've turned the volume way up on the classic rock station in the lab.

besides working both days (ah, gotta love being a grad student) I had a pretty good weekend. 20+ mile ride on Saturday morning. haircut, errands, and drinking beer at Bottleworks with friends that night. Sunday evening Michele and I made dinner together and enjoyed the awesome weather on our deck. I fried up the green tomatoes I bought last week at the Tower Grove farmers' market- the first batch of the season! fried green tomatoes are one of my specialties (shout out to those Southern roots) and in my opinion, some what of an art form. these turned out excellent- yum! we also made a salad with field greens from our garden, heirloom tomatoes, and pearl sized fresh mozzarella with a balsamic vinaigrette. main course was apple-sage veggie sausage with caramelized onions. I meant to take pictures of the food, but alas, we consumed it almost instantly.

seems like this is going to be an odd week with July 4th being on a Wednesday. kinda hard to get the momentum going when you're taking a day off in the middle. guess I should go be productive...

No comments: