Friday, October 12, 2007

Oh I'll be the one to break my heart

I keep playing a song from Feist's album "The Reminder" over and over... I feel it all, I feel it all... like a little mantra. this week has definitely kicked my ass. I am so behind. it's hard not to feel like an old engine in desperate need of a tune-up. I keep sputtering forward, but no where close to humming along. fits and starts. lack of focus. I guess this is what happens when you are starting over from a huge loss. things feel battered and broken, maybe parts are a bit rusty and you have to knock off the dust and get everything back into a groove. I know it will happen sooner or later. it kinda has to, I suppose. eventually you acquire enough momentum to overcome the inertia.

not that there aren't good things to report. my work, when I'm actually thinking about it, is moving along nicely. I have the Society for Neuroscience meeting in San Diego next month. I was selected to present at the Circadian and Sleep Data Blitz, which is a pretty big deal. I should be able to start writing a paper or two in January and need to start working on figures for those. as well as my poster and slide for SfN. all my outreach stuff is great. busy busy. it's exciting to see how many students and teachers we are reaching in St. Louis with our Brain Awareness events. I'm spending time with friends, trying to meet new people, reconnecting.

I want to start writing real posts again... on politics, food, culture, education. these things are barely on my radar at the moment. just gotta take it one bit at a time. more soon.

No comments: