Tuesday, June 17, 2008

a summer wish list

With Solstice on the horizon, and the inevitable sounds of a pagan drum circle on my block this weekend, I thought I would take a couple of minutes to jot down things that I am looking forward to in the season before September.
  1. A submitted (and then accepted) manuscript - current title: "Lack of coupling reveals flexible circadian phenotypes in individual neurons of the suprachiasmatic nucleus"
  2. Wednesday night Jazz in the Gardens
  3. Training rides in prep for the MS 150
  4. Softball and cheap beer
  5. Being outside with the smell of sunscreen and bug spray and chlorine
  6. Float trips
  7. Road trips
  8. Selling the house
  9. Teaching and mentoring
  10. Late nights on my deck with good conversation under the stars
  11. Any and all live music
  12. Cocktail hour
  13. Having a good laugh... with someone or simply at myself
  14. Making ice cream
  15. Saturday morning walks to the Tower Grove Farmer's Market
  16. Bottleworks
  17. Friendship and maybe a little affection
  18. Books
  19. Yoga
  20. Leisurely dinners with a glass of wine (or two)
  21. Walking barefoot
What's on your summer wish list? Is there anything you would like to add?

1 comment:

Deacon Blues said...

I still like "Suprachiasmatic Nuclei: The Revenge!" Much snappier.