Tuesday, April 15, 2008

still your silver lining...

if I take the time to put my constant reflection aside, there is a lot to feel good about.

in the just now. the moment. where all my thoughts stick to this single experience of simply existing. here at my desk in lab (as always), drinking black coffee (as always), listening to XPN (as always)... unfortunately, every instance is not attractive. as my yoga teacher says, it takes effort to stay present. to bring your mind back to the task at hand and remain content there. to focus.

I am, for the most part, a planner. I believe there is purpose behind my actions; there is intent. and this often leads my thinking to the past, and to how I want that past to move and shape my future. this doesn't leave much time to enjoy what is actually happening around me. sometimes though, there is an image... an object, a person, a sound that I want to hold onto and revel in. and maybe it's cycling or yoga or finding those you connect with deeply. but there is something in my life right now that is reeling me into the moments around me. I feel grounded. and that's a good thing. and I just want to say thanks for it...

for seeing a small red fox, a city fox, crossing my street on Sunday night. from alley to alley, beneath the streetlight

for beautiful live music with friends. hands in pockets, wrists thrust out at right angles, caught in the sway of the crowd

for friends and family (blood or otherwise) and taking the time to be by myself

No comments: