Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Resurrection (from what) Ails (you)

One of my favorite beers to drink whilst I lived in B-more (that would be Baltimore for the uninitiated) was made by a local craft brewery, Brewer's Art. In addition to accessing it at their fantastic restaurant and beer cellar, Resurrection Ale was available at other bars across the city. As a teacher, Friday afternoons in the spring meant HAPPY HOUR... I would scoot down the Alameda after school to meet up with friends and co-workers at One World Cafe, where for a mere $2 a pint (yes, you read that correctly- microbrews for cheap!) I could drink tasty bevys like Resurrection and Rogue's Dead Guy Ale till my heart's content and chow down on huge orders of delicious veggie nachos that are only slightly rivaled by the bison ones at Bottleworks. This would lead to the other Friday night occurrence: making my way back to TV Hill, buzzed and sleepy, and likely falling into bed before 9. Ah, good memories...

So now 4 years later I am entering another spring in StL and thinking about re-birth. It's a good time a year for it. the Redbuds outside my office are starting to flower and a pair of morning doves have built a nest, spending the day fending off the somewhat aggressive campus squirrels. It is also the season of friends' birthdays, which I suppose is the product of summer lovin' in the late 70s/early 80s.

I hosted a Resurrection of my own this past Saturday. Well, actually, it was to celebrate the birth of the 27th Jennifer (notice my masterful incorporation of Jen's age and the Mike Doughty song... coincidence, I think not- that's what I call blogging!) That, and I really wanted to cement my future damnation...

Without much further ado, philosophizing on "hope springing eternal" and the benefits of whiskey punch, I give you my version of the best way to welcome in the new season. And in light of these recharging festivities (well, no one had to hold up in a cave for a few days beforehand, but you get the point) I suppose I am now prepared to kick some ass until solstice!


The Last Peep-per

Martha Stewart would approve, right?


Why yes, that is a 3D cupcake cross!


Me and the lovely ladies (Birthday girl on the L and Gnat on the R)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.